Bittium exhibits new Bittium Tough SDR tactical radios and launches Bittium Tough VoIP Softphone software product at the Eurosatory defense exhibition in Paris, France on June 11-15, 2018.
In addition, Bittium will showcase Software Defined Radio based Bittium Tactical Wireless IP Network™ system for forming a wireless broadband network, Bittium Tough Comnode™ terminal and Bittium Tough VoIP™ products for versatile IP-based data transfer and VoIP calls, as well as the secure and strong Bittium Tough Mobile 4G LTE smartphone and related high security software products.
The Bittium Tough SDR product family of tactical radios consists of Bittium Tough SDR Handheld™, tactical handheld radio for individual soldiers, and Bittium Tough SDR Vehicular™, tactical radio for vehicle installations. The radios can flexibly use the most appropriate waveform with the best fit considering the conditions and the mission, such as Bittium TAC WIN Waveform™, ESSOR HDRWF waveform and Bittium Narrowband Waveform™. The uniquely wide range of frequency bands improves combat survivability and using several waveforms, even simultaneously, improves compatibility and enables operations on different levels and missions. The tactical radios expand Bittium’s product offering from the current Bittium TAC WIN system, used for forming a tactical broadband mobile IP backbone network, now also to individual soldier and vehicular level tactical radios. This enables bringing broadband data transfer and voice to all mobile troops starting from brigade level and all the way across the battlefield to individual soldiers.
The Bittium Tough VoIP Softphone™ software product launched at the event is a VoIP client (Voice over Internet Protocol) that can be used for VoIP calls, instant messaging, conference calls and screen sharing in the tactical Bittium Tough VoIP Service™ network either with a PC or smartphone. Especially useful for tactical use are also the Push-To-Talk (PTT) feature as well as the remote control and sending instant messages to existing third party Combat Net Radios (CNR) through Bittium Tough VoIP Service network and Bittium Tough Comnode terminal or Bittium TAC WIN system’s router (Radio over IP, RoIP). Read more about the new product .
Products to be showcased:
- Bittium Tactical Wireless IP Network™ (TAC WIN) is a Software Defined Radio based wireless broadband network system intended for military and public safety use. With the system MANET (mobile ad hoc network), link, and connection networks can be formed into one logical IP network quickly, no matter what the location is. Bittium TAC WIN is compatible with existing fixed and wireless network infrastructures. The core of the system is a tactical router that enables users to freely form both wired and wireless broadband data transfer IP connections. Tactical router enables also connections to different types of terminals and other communication systems connecting them into a one communication network. In addition to the router the system comprises three types of radio heads, and each radio head covers its own frequency band area and can be used for flexible formation of optimized network topologies for different communication needs. All the products of the system are designed for harsh conditions, and thanks to the system’s automated functions the implementation of the system can be done quickly. Due to the software-based functionality of the Bittium TAC WIN system, it can be easily updated with additional performance cost-efficiently during the whole lifespan of the system.
- Bittium Tough SDR™ product family consists of Bittium Tough SDR Handheld™, tactical handheld radio for individual soldiers, and Bittium Tough SDR Vehicular™, tactical radio for vehicle installations. The radios can be used to produce and share real time situational awareness (location, image, voice, video, and sensor data) to all levels of the organization. This improves the performance and the effectiveness of the tactical troops, and leading the troops is easier based on the up-to-date situational awareness and more reliable connections. Bittium Tough SDR products can flexibly use the most appropriate waveform with the best fit considering the conditions and the mission, such as Bittium TAC WIN Waveform™, ESSOR HDRWF waveform and Bittium Narrowband Waveform™. The uniquely wide range of frequency bands improves combat survivability and using several waveforms, even simultaneously, improves compatibility and enables operations on different levels and missions.
- Bittium Tough Comnode™ fulfils the data transfer needs for mobile troops by functioning for example as a VoIP phone, an IP router, and an SHDSL repeater. Additionally, Bittium Tough Comnode provides SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) server functionalities of the tactical voice network for commercial VoIP terminals and enables using also legacy Combat Net Radios (CNR) as part of the IP-based tactical communication system (Radio over IP, RoIP).
- Bittium Tough VoIP™ product family’s products enable tactical IP calls and broadband data transfer even in demanding conditions. Products are also easily integrated to existing IP infrastructure. The latest addition to the product family is the Bittium Tough VoIP Softphone™ VoIP client. Softphone enables VoIP calls, instant messaging, conference calls and screen sharing in the tactical Bittium Tough VoIP Service™ voice service network either with a PC or smartphone. Especially useful for tactical use are also the Push-To-Talk (PTT) feature as well as the remote control and sending instant messages to existing third party Combat Net Radios (CNR) through the Bittium Tough VoIP Service network.
- Bittium Tough Mobile™ is a secure and strong Android-based 4G LTE smartphone combining the latest information security solutions and commercial device technologies. Bittium Tough Mobile incorporates a hardware-based security platform, which enables strong device security as well as deep integration of both customers’ own and third party software security solutions. Bittium Tough Mobile and related Bittium Secure Suite back-end system is the first smartphone based solution in the world to have received official Confidential level encryption product classification.
- Bittium Secure Suite™ device management and encryption software product complements Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone with a scalable set of new software services for reliable mobile device management, remote attestation and securing the network connections of the device. Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone and Bittium Secure Suite together form a unique and reliable system for processing and transferring encrypted and classified material, and securing critical communications.
- Bittium SafeMove® Analytics is an advanced monitoring and reporting module that helps organizations to monitor network connectivity and performance to improve productivity and user experience. The Analytics tool continuously gathers connectivity data, such as connectivity status, speed, throughput and bytes transferred, network type, and Wi-Fi network information. In addition, the new security features of the software can immediately report possible security deviations in the users’ mobile devices. This makes it possible to react to cyber threats without delays, e.g. by blocking the device which reported the deviation from the authority network during the investigation.
The products are compatible with all Bittium’s products for tactical communications, are based on the latest software and device technologies, and enable comprehensive broadband data transfer and VoIP calls across the battlefield. The products offer diverse connectivity options also to third party equipment and systems.
Bittium’s products and solutions are exhibited at stand 6 K 301.