2020 is the decade of the mega-constellation. Already this year, SpaceX’s new Starlink constellation has launched 60 mass produced small satellites to deliver broadband to every corner of the globe. This is just the start, with numerous companies planning to launch their own constellations in the coming years.
With such an exciting decade for mega-constellations ahead, SMi Group are pleased to host Small Satellites 2020, which is set to convene in London this April. The two-day event will explore the evolving space market and discuss key updates from leading commercial solution providers on what the emerging mega-constellations mean for the future of space.
Interested parties should book by 31st January 2020 to save £200 off the conference price: http://www.small-satellites.com/armadapr3
Small Satellites 2020 will feature over 20 presentations, including one from industry expert Mr Valentin Canales, Co-founder & Technical Director, B2space Limited, who will present on:
‘Small Satellites Launch and Near Space Opportunities’.
B2space Limited are developing a High-Altitude launching system, a stratospheric balloon will lift a self-operative platform from where to deploy the launcher. Saving cost by skipping the highest density part of the atmosphere and gaining altitude up to 35 km, smaller and cheaper rocket will deliver the payload into the required orbits. Based on existing technology, improved and adapted to maximize performance and provide affordable access to space.
- Explore the LEO/GEO small, cube and nano-satellite market and its impact on future space.
- Delve into key topics surrounding the new space market including: the legal and policy framework for operating in space, creating a regulatory structure to support the small satellite industry and how data networking across small satellite constellations is enabling new connectivity on the ground.
- Learn about key programmes being developed by emerging space companies and national governments.
- Exhibition opportunities for industry to showcase their capabilities.
- Part of ‘Space Week’, this annual conference will be held in conjunction with a Military Space Situational Awareness Conference on the 29th and 30th April, to provide a holistic view of the new space environment.
Visit the event website to view a full speaker line-up and download the conference brochure: http://www.small-satellites.com/armadapr3