This is the April/May 2021 issue of Armada International. This is not the latest issue. To read other issues of the magazine, please subscribe here:
- Commander’s Intent: Evolving Agile and Flexible Command at Sea: Commodore Michael Harris, Commodore Flotillas, explains the Royal Australian Navy’s task group command structure to Dr Lee Willett.
- Electronic Warfare: Suppressive Fire: Dr. Thomas Withington reports that the Royal Air Force is once again embracing the air defence suppression mission.
- Land Warfare: Turkish Armour Aims for Exports: The first feature in a two part focus on the Turkish defence industy. Christopher Foss looks at the export potential of AFVs.
- Air Power: Ottoman Aerospace Emerges: In the second part of our focus on Turkey,
Alan Warnes examines the growth and potential of the indigenous aerospace industry.
- Sea Power: Naval Design Swap: Dr. Alix Valenti assesses how new factors are influencing traditional ship designs.
- Airborne Weapons: Check Six – 360 Air Engagements: Jon Lake traces the development of air-to-air missiles, ending with ‘over the shoulder’ capability and longer ranges.
- Armada Commentary: Beginning of the End for F-35?: Guest analyst Jon Lake asks whether the Lockheed Martin F-35 has already reached its zenith.