This is the February/March 2022 issue of Armada International. To read the latest month’s issue of the magazine, please subscribe here:
- Commander’s Intent: Operating at the Speed of Relevance: Jon Lake talked to Air Marshal Sir Gerry Mayhew, the Royal Air Force’s (RAF) Deputy Commander for Operations, about how the RAF is changing to meet new battlespace challenges.
- Land Warfare: Air Defence Warning – RED: The resurgent need for Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) is becoming more obvious with the return of peer-to-peer confrontation. Stephen W. Miller reviews the options.
- Middle East: World Defence Show Gulf Defence Special Report: Andrew Drwiega, David Oliver and Tim Fish discuss Gulf defence issues and acquisitions ahead of the World Defence Show in Riyadh.
- Sea Power: Shipbuilding with VR, AR and Digital Twinning: Dr. Lee Willett finds out how synthentic tools are helping shipbuilders such as Damen develop better naval platforms.
- Technology Focus: Airborne AESA Fighter Radars: Jon Lake and Angie Bee explain why Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radars are ‘must have’ systems on modern fighters.
- Technology Focus: Speaking Across the Divide: The concept of Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2) is easier to understand than implement. Dr. Tom Withington explains.
- Armada Commentary: Industrial Dilemma: Buy America or Leverage Allies?: Armada’s new analyst Greg Sanders outlines the difficult choice facing the US over defence procurement.