This is the December 2023/January 2024 issue of Armada International. To read the latest month’s issue of the magazine, please subscribe here:
- Land Warfare: AA Lighter, Better Bang for Your Buck: Stephen W. Miller Examines New Advances in Personal Weapons and Ammunition.
- Technology Focus: Breaking Burdock: Dr. Thomas Withington examines Russia’s tactical C2 system now in use in Ukraine – and discovers its weaknesses.
- Air Power: NH90 Sea Tiger on Course for Service in 2026: Andrew Drwiega witnesses the maiden flight of the NH90 Sea Tiger at Airbus Donauwörth in Germany.
- Sensors – Naval: Eyes of the Ships: The rapid identification of threats, especially small ones and possibly swarms, is of increasing concern to traditional naval vessels. Dr Lee Willett reports.
- Sensors – UAV: Stabilising Unmanned Images: While UAVs are now in widespread use, the quality of the images that they can provide underscores their worth as David Oliver discovers.
- Sensors – Land: A New Vision of the Enemy: Andrew White finds that new technology including augmented reality and artificial intelligence are improving military optics.
- Sea Power: The Future of Mine CounterMeasures is Multi-Dimensional: Dr. Alix Valenti examines the toolbox approach which extensively relies on unmanned systems for mine countermeasures.